You Are A Leader
A one day leadership conference to equip 10th-12th graders in the Greater Cincinnati area. Designed to build the skills, confidence, and a network for students to create, pursue, and actualize the future for themselves and peers. Embraces a culture of ownership, collaboration and commuity.
What is You Are A Leader
A one day conference dedicated to the empowerment, continuous action towards, and promotion of self& community leadership within high school students grades 10-12 in the Greater Cincinnati area. We envision teenagers in this region directly engaging and positively advancing local community systems using their unique skills and interests. We see high schoolers leading healthy relationships with peers and community members. We believe these leaders will continuously experience the benefits of personal and professional interests, including income, skill development, and confident positive outlook on personal and professional futures.
The only of its kind in this region, You Are A Leader meets high schools students where they are at and provides them the resources, network, and space to learn & grow.
- Engage with small business entrepreneurs
- Connect with corporate leaders
- Learn about the ins & outs of the non-profit sector
- Develop social impact leadership skills
- Understand the importance of civil engagement
- 10th-12th graders in Greater Cincinnati
- Academically high performing individuals
- Individuals with strong social skills
- Individuals with diverse interests and eagerness to learn
- Small Business & Corporate Leadership
- Different styles of leadership and tools to effectively work in a corporate and for-profit environment.
- Personality types, empathy for other leaders and collaboration v. competition
- Non-Profit & Social Impact Leadership
- Historical examples, tactics, and existing ways to lead social justice awareness and influence their spheres of influence and capacity
- Different types of non-profit entities and ways to lead and work for the non-profit sector
- Civil Engagement Leadership
- How major seats of City Hall operate to impact the city
- How to obtain and/or influence those seats as young people now
- Arrival & Celebratory Welcome
- General Leadership — Keynote Address
- Content Specific Breakout Sessions (see Curriculum tab)
- Next Steps — Keynote Address
- Closing & Farewell
- Resource Fair
Applications are open.
$50 (non-refundable). Applicants will be asked to pay via credit card at the end of the online application process.
Questions? Contact Devona Stripling at email@example.com
$750 for Chamber Members
$1,000 for non Chamber Members
*Partial scholarships may be available for those with financial need, and can be requested within the application. Payment plan options are also available.
What past participants had to say...
There were several speakers throughout the sessions that really gave us pointers and different ideas on how to be a leader.
I really enjoy this program because everybody’s so authentic. We talk about our issues and personalities, and how we make improvements. I definitely learned a lot, and also [was] able to network with other upcoming leaders in the Greater Cincinnati area.
Being one of the younger professionals in Cincy LEAD, it was really neat to learn from people who have been in different industries for 20 to 30 years and get to learn their struggles through the years.
Discover the Right Leadership Center Program for You
The Leadership Center at the Cincinnati Regional Chamber offers leadership development programs that are built to grow and strengthen the regional talent base by developing civic-minded leaders. If you’re an individual looking to apply or a talent leader interested in sending employees through our programs, let us help you find the programs best suited for your goals.