Cincy Next is the premier leadership development program for early career professionals in the Cincinnati region.
What is Cincy Next?
Cincy Next is the premier leadership development program for early career professionals in the Cincinnati region. Participants will find the meaningful growth needed to advance both professionally and personally through this immersive program.
- Engage participants in meaningful ways with each other and business leaders
- Focus on meaningful expansion of personal & professional development
- Grow and strengthen leadership skills
Emerging early-career leaders (20s to early 30s) with eight or fewer years of overall professional experience. Candidates should seek connection and development both professionally and in the community, demonstrate leadership potential and interest in growing in these skills, and a desire to connect with other young talent from across the region.
Example topics from previous years include:
- Leadership style assessments
- Understanding and developing a personal brand
- Effective communication, including public speaking and difficult conversations
- Personal finance and goal setting
- Leveraging networks effectively and professional influence
- Effective people management, including multigenerational workforce
- Creative problem-solving
Cincy Next Class 11 Program Timeframe:
March 2024 – October 2024
- Opening Reception: March 27, 2024 | 3-6 p.m.
- Overnight “Venture Out!” Retreat at Camp Joy (REQUIRED): April 18-19, 2024
- Small Group Session: April 24, 2024 | 3-5 p.m.
- Session 1: May 15, 2024 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Session 2: June 26, 2024 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Session 3: July 24, 2024 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Session 4: August 21, 2024 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Session 5: September 18, 2024 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Session 6: October 16, 2024 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Graduation Celebration: October 30, 2024 | 5-8 p.m.
Applications for Class 11 are open and due by October 16, 2023.
$50 (non-refundable). Applicants will be asked to pay via credit card at the end of the online application process.
Questions? Contact Andrea Mersmann at firstname.lastname@example.org
$3,500 for Chamber Members
$4,500 for non Chamber Members
*Partial scholarships may be available for those with financial need, and can be requested within the application. Payment plan options are also available.
What past participants had to say...
Cincy Next and the Chamber programs in general do a great job of bringing every type of working professional to the table – for-profit, not-for-profit, bankers, artists, and everyone in between. You meet people that are willing to help you, not out of any kind of personal enrichment, but because there’s an understanding that we’re all kind of in this together. We all live in Cincinnati together and we all want the best for each other and the city.
Cincy Next has been an amazing experience. As someone who is not from Cincinnati and is not able to answer the question of “Where did you go to high school?” it feels so supportive to be with a group of people who all share the same goals. I can guarantee that I would never have met the wonderful people in the group if not for Cincy Next. Cincy Next has been so important to me and my growth both personally and professionally.
This program has challenged me to step outside of my comfort zone, to open up about topics that aren’t always the easiest to talk about, and it has taught me so much already. Being surrounded by so many people who are living and breathing the same professional challenges and opportunities as you, is exactly what I needed, and it happened at the perfect time in my career.
Cincy next is a rewarding experience for a young professional. You’re able to connect with peers from different backgrounds, develop as a leader and understand Cincinnati in a deeper way. It is fulfilling to listen and understand how everybody frames their questions and develops an understanding about an issue based on the diverse backgrounds they come from. It made me better personally and professionally.
Cincy Next has been an incredibly beneficial program for my personal and professional development. I am appreciative of the opportunity to network and build lasting relationships with high-performing, like-minded individuals as we navigate important, formative years of our careers. The program’s sessions are informative and relevant in teaching important concepts of leadership and teamwork in both professional and community settings. The emphasis of taking ownership of one’s place in the Cincinnati community provides important context for our growth as leaders.
Discover the Right Leadership Center Program for You
The Leadership Center at the Cincinnati Regional Chamber offers leadership development programs that are built to grow and strengthen the regional talent base by developing civic-minded leaders. If you’re an individual looking to apply or a talent leader interested in sending employees through our programs, let us help you find the programs best suited for your goals.