C-Change is the premier leadership development program for advancing mid-career leaders in the Cincinnati region.
What is C-Change?
C-Change is the premier leadership development program for advancing mid-career leaders in the Cincinnati region. The curriculum combines leadership development with community engagement to for holistic growth, enhancing participants’ skills for current leadership roles and preparing them for future ones. As part of the program, participants also lead meaningful community projects that improve their connectivity to the region while providing an opportunity to positively impact it.
- Connect participants in meaningful ways with peers, community leaders, and important resources.
- Develop and enhance leadership skills.
- Lead meaningful community projects that impact the Cincinnati region.
- Participants will also work in smaller teams on a community project throughout the year. This will require an additional commitment outside scheduled program sessions.
Advancing mid-career leaders (30s to mid-40s), with more than 8 years of overall professional experience, seeking to activate and enhance their leadership capabilities. Candidates should desire to increase their connections in and impact on the region, expand their professional and personal networks, and continue developing and practicing leadership skills.
Example topics from previous years include:
- Leadership and communication style assessments
- Refining personal brand and strategic communication skills
- Inclusive leadership
- City and regional government
- Regional history, including a tour of Cincinnati landmarks
- Economic and job development in the region
- Community connection
- Small group projects designed to further develop team dynamics and impact the Cincinnati region
C-Change Class 19 Timeframe:
February 2024 – October 2024
- Program Kick-off: February 28, 2024 | 3-6 p.m.
- Overnight “Venture Out!” Retreat at Camp Joy (REQUIRED): March 7-8, 2024
- Project Work Session: March 19, 2024 | 3-6 p.m.
- Session 1: April 3, 2024 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Session 2: May 1, 2024 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Session 3: June 5, 2024 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Session 4: July 10, 2024 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Session 5: August 7, 2024 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Session 6: September 11, 2024 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Session 7: October 9, 2024 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Graduation Celebration: October 23, 2024 | 4-8 p.m.
Applications for Class 19 are open and due by October 16, 2023.
$50 (non-refundable). Applicants will be asked to pay via credit card at the end of the online application process.
Questions? Contact Andrea Mersmann at firstname.lastname@example.org
$4,500 for Chamber Members
$5,500 for non Chamber Members
*Partial scholarships may be available for those with financial need, and can be requested within the application. Payment plan options are also available.
What past participants had to say...
Being surrounded by all these diverse change makers through this program has opened my eyes to the astonishing dedication my classmates have in not only their careers but in making Cincinnati a better place to live, work and play in. Since joining C-Change, I have been nominated by the Board of Governors and accepted into the Roebling Society within the Metropolitan Club. I feel confident it’s unlocked that next level for me in my career in ways I couldn’t have imagined.
My C-Change experience has been rewarding and beneficial to my leadership and networking development. Also, I’ve had the opportunity to work closely with other young professionals to support a non-profit on a key project. This has challenged me to think and problem solve differently.
Not only did C-Change help me in many areas of my personal leadership development, but it also opened up an entirely new network of passionate Cincinnatians that I will continue to stay in contact with for years to come. Throughout the program, I engaged with the city of Cincinnati in ways that I never have before in my 30+ years living here. This experience isn’t replicated anywhere else, and I highly recommend it to any passionate and driven professional.
C-change helped me connect to other professionals in the Greater Cincinnati Region in a way that I would not have been able to otherwise. I came home on the first day sharing with my family, friends, and peers about how amazing my day was and how much I knew I would enjoy the program.
This has been the best opportunity I have found to connect with individuals in the city that are interested in moving the needle in causes we all care about. I really appreciated how intentional and thoughtful each program session was and truly looked forward to meeting each month.
Discover the Right Leadership Center Program for You
The Leadership Center at the Cincinnati Regional Chamber offers leadership development programs that are built to grow and strengthen the regional talent base by developing civic-minded leaders. If you’re an individual looking to apply or a talent leader interested in sending employees through our programs, let us help you find the programs best suited for your goals.