Eight women leaders from a variety of organizations in the Cincinnati region have been accepted for Class 3 of WE Ascend, a leadership development program produced by the Leadership Center at the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber and presented by PNC Bank.
WE Ascend is a leadership development program for BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) women focused on advancement with the goal of empowering, preparing, and positioning them to move into higher leadership roles. The program helps address the critical need in our region’s business community to retain diverse talent, specifically women of color, who have high potential by investing in their growth while also being mindful of their unique experiences.
“I’m thrilled to welcome our next group of leaders to WE Ascend Class 3,” says Devona Stripling, Women Excel Program Manager at the Leadership Center at the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber. “This impressive group of women has been leading through action in their organizations and communities. Through WE Ascend, we want to empower them and foster connections that enable them to lead across our region as they take the next steps in their careers.”
Here are the members of WE Ascend Class 3:
- Ivy Banks, Vice President, Diversity & Inclusion, Xavier University
- Denise Brown, Associate Dean of Health Sciences, The Christ College of Nursing & Health Sciences
- Yvonne Chappell, Project Manager, Comcast Business
- Tiffaney Hardy, Assistant Superintendent of Marketing & Communications, Greater Cincinnati Water Works
- Sam Hashmi, Senior Manager, Business Development, Workforce Innovation Center at the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber
- Elaine Hipps, Vice President of People Operations, Easterseals Serving Greater Cincinnati
- Victoria Regan, Assistant Director, Lindner Office of Inclusive Excellence, University of Cincinnati, Carl H. Lindner College of Business
- Tiffani Tribble, Assistant Branch Manager, Coldwell Banker Realty
The program consists of professionally facilitated small group coaching sessions led by Ife Bell, Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer at To Be, LLC. These sessions are focused on:
- Professional and personal development
- Strengths-based leadership
- Identifying and addressing opportunities and challenges to professional growth
- Preparing and positioning for future success
- Cultivating community and enhancing professional networks
- Investing in female talent and leadership pipelines
Anyone with questions or referrals for the next WE Ascend class can contact Devona Stripling, Women Excel Program Manager at the Leadership Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about the program can be found at cincinnatichamber.com/weascend.